So here you are, probably wondering what Keno means and we are just about to show you a whole new dimension. Well, basically, it’s a gambling game, quite popular at modern casinos. After players have chosen the numbers, the fun part begins. You are to meet an immaculate mixture of bingo and lottery that will win you over with its simplistic, yet involving game.
Having its roots growing from French or Latin, the word keno has actually originated in China. But would you believe it if you were told that this very game could be behind… the construction of the Great Wall of China? Rumor has it that keno helped raise funds to build it. Although in modern China, lotteries weren’t counted as an accepted way to fund a public institution before the late 19th century.
Wouldn’t it be great to try your luck in a game of ancient wise men? The great thing is that you can do it at an online casino now! Plenty of highly reputable Australian casinos on our page give you such a chance. If you hesitate, you ruin the whole point of adventure!
The information below by CasinoHEX will help you get through and understand Keno better. Read up, and you will surely find something that will answer your question, no matter what it is.
Master Keno Rules
Keno is an extremely minimalistic but fascinating game. Being something in between of lottery and bingo, it attracted millions of enjoyers. It is as appealing to beginners, as it is to professionals. Fast, intense, but very rewarding, it cannot leave anyone at least a bit curious. Keno certainly has quite easy rules to follow and in this case, it only accentuates the laid-back manner of the whole process.
We divide the game into three simple steps to make it easier to understand the rules.
- All players choose their numbers within a field (usually from 1 to 80), how many games they are willing to play, and their wager size. It is your first step, so choose carefully, but don’t feel too stressed. It’s all about fun and the spirit of adventure after all.
- The online casino’s random number generator (RNG) or a ball machine will select one number at a time until it reaches a total of 20 numbers. Here, you should just sit back and relax as at this point you aren’t able to influence the flow of a game. Cross your fingers, close your eyes and hold your breath, because the most crucial moment is coming!
- We’re getting to the best part! For each “catch”(correctly selected number), you will be paid out. By the way, it is not necessary to match all 20 numbers to get the jackpot. Actually, this is almost impossible (the chances are 1 in 3,535,316,142,212,174,336). The jackpots are usually achieved for a 9- or 10-number ticket in which all numbers were hit. On average, between 3-9 numbers.You already can’t wait to try, can you!
Learn Keno strategies
Although we all want a miracle, most strategies will give you equal chances of winning. The odds of the game can’t really be affected too much. Keno is a game of random chance so you better be lucky. But part of one’s luck lies in confidence, and confidence can be achieved through a correctly chosen playstyle. What if some strategies can really elevate not only your self-assurance but actual chances of winning? Some ways are easier and some are more thought out. Here are several examples.
1. Betting on unpopular (or not drawn yet) numbers
Some Aussies like betting on numbers that were not drawn yet to try and find their own way. Those usually like to add spice to the process. And although it is practically impossible to predict the outcome, those who use this strategy always feel lucky enough to jump right into the unknown. It is more than a game for them, it is a competition and a challenge. They know the risks, but this knowledge only makes the eventual success sweeter, while loss pushes them to try more and more.
2. Wagering on popular (“hot”) numbers
Those who wager on the hot numbers (that had recently come up or came up most times) are often confident and experienced but are not in favor of risking too much. They are probably tired of challenges. They might like the thrill and the process of the game itself, but at this point just need to be sure not to leave the table with empty pockets. Different styles fit different individuals and there’s nothing about it.
3. Lucky pairs
Some like to wager on numbers in pairs such as 2 and 4 or 35 and 36 as numbers in Keno seem to have a tendency to come in successive order. This strategy brings some kind of confidence and calmness as the numbers are ordered and regulated. There is less of the chaotic and more of the pragmatic. It also gives a player a feeling of control to some extent, despite the general volatility of the game.
4. Select Between Four and Eight Numbers
And now to more sophisticated strategies. Having an option to choose up to 15 or 20 numbers with the same wager, the question rising is how many numbers is the right number? Well, quite a lot of Keno players or more likely beginners believe the more, the better. And while it somehow can make sense, considering the more you choose, the higher chances of getting more of them correct you have, you should keep in mind that the payouts change depending on the totality of numbers you choose.
For example, if you were lucky to guess five out of five chosen, your payout may be of 50 to 1. That’s really great. But what if you guess five out of 10 chosen? That might reduce it to 3 to 1. Choose between four to eight numbers. Give yourself a second to think it over. When you choose less than four, any chance of winning is extremely low. There are 80 numbers to choose from! And then again, if you try and choose more than eight, you will always need to hit at least four or more numbers to get any extra money above what you’ve already spent for the wager.
And that’s for sure not as easy as it might sound.
Though, if there is a progressive jackpot attached to the game, you might decide on choosing more numbers. Well, if you can afford that, good luck then!
What are the Keno odds?
The probability of getting all 20 numbers right is 1 in 3,535,316,142,212,174,320. But keep that chin up, as “solid catch” (19, 17 out of 20) odds are in reality very possible to hit.
How many numbers you choose and how many of those numbers are “hit” make it up for your playouts, which are also multiplied by the proportion of the original wager to the “base rate”. Typically, the more numbers a player chooses and the more numbers hit, the greater the payout. As simple as that. Sometimes it is possible, though, for paytables to pay for hitting a lesser number of spots. You can quite often see casinos paying even $1,000 for a “catch” of 0 out of 20 on a 20 spot ticket with a small wager. The majority of casinos allows paytable wagers of 1 through 20 numbers, but you can come across ones that limit the choice to only 1 through 10, 12, and 15 numbers due to the numbers selected are already known
Hits Probability 0 1 in 843.380 1 1 in 86.446 2 1 in 20.115 3 1 in 8.009 4 1 in 4.877 5 1 in 4.287 6 1 in 5.258 7 1 in 8.826 8 1 in 20.055 9 1 in 61.420 10 1 in 253.801 11 1 in 1,423.822 12 1 in 10,968.701 13 1 in 118,084.920 14 1 in 1,821,881.628 15 1 in 41,751,453.986 16 1 in 1,496,372,110.872 17 1 in 90,624,035,964.712 18 1 in 10,512,388,171,906.553 19 1 in 2,946,096,785,176,811.500 20 1 in 3,535,316,142,212,174,320.000
What are the types of Keno?
Keno is a simple game, but you’ll be pleased to know that because of that very trait it is easier for it to vary. There are types of Keno for each and every player out there. Whether you are classy, like to experiment, or all for retro stuff, this game got your back. The flexibility and diversity of this game yet again prove it to be good enough for anybody willing to try. Here are some of the most popular types.
Single Game Keno
When playing Single Game Keno, you have just one chance of claiming your victory or losing it all. You better be careful! But don’t get too scared, because it’s actually a frequent beginner’s choice. It does offer a relaxed pace of play and makes it easy enough to manage your bankroll. Due to this, more experienced players often turn to something a little more fast-paced – “Multi-Race Keno”.
Be ready for an intense and roller coaster experience, as in this version of Keno you will have to play the same selection of numbers for a series of consecutive games and with no possibility to quit until the last race in the series is over.
Although the game is quite popular and thrilling, consider managing your bankroll carefully. The amount of your wager is multiplied by the total amount of draws in which you are participating – a 10-race $5 keno game would actually cost you $50 ($5 x 10 games). So if you don’t consider yourself a professional yet, you might wait a bit, until you feel more confident in this game field.
It is just like regular keno but contains more numbers. After picking 3-10 numbers between 1 and 40, 10 balls are drawn from the game instead of the regular 20. Sometimes it might be called “Instant 40-Ball Keno” for its quicker gameplay. If you really like to play quickly and intensely, maybe you are cut out exactly for this one.
Super and power ball Keno
Those are mostly played the same as regular games of keno, but a bonus ball drawn at the end of the game makes the process much more intriguing. So the best part is if you manage to match a number to the bonus ball, your winnings can greatly multiply. It is also generally possible to win some bigger prizes. Too risky? Imagine winning, the sum must be huge.
Classic. Automated and comfortable. Talking in more detail, Playtech Keno is simple but very convenient. The more numbers you use – the more chances to win you get. In case you get all ten numbers, you can expect to get 10,000x your initial bet. To add a bit of intrigue and to get on your own nerves, you can choose to bet on five draws at once. This keno variant fits both beginners and professionals, so don’t hesitate to make it your first step into the world of online casinos.
In this version of Keno, you are free to choose ten numbers by yourself not only for regular wins but also for the Progressive Jackpot. But keep in mind that due to the game being fully automated you’ll have no influence at all. As always, pure luck.
When playing with 1 buck tickets, the maximum possible win will be 10,000, while a 5 buck ticket will award a maximum prize of 50,000 when all your lucky numbers are marked by an orange circle.
It offers some of the biggest non-progressive keno jackpots that can be found online. Here, you are allowed to pick up to fifteen numbers! Up to ten rounds are possible without doing anything as the automated system picks fifteen numbers for you.
The game allows playing in different coin sizes from 25c up to $5 and the best-featured return is 86.75%with the eleventh pick.
- Aggregate Limit – the total amount of money you can get for a single game of keno.
- All-or-nothing – you will win if either all of your numbers are drawn or none of your numbers are drawn.
- Balls – the balls numbered from 1 to 80. Determine your success or loss.
- Catch all or Catch zero – similar to the all-or-nothing option.
- Combination Ticket – a ticket that includes several different options.
- Computer Ticket – a computer-generated ticket.
- Deuce – two selected numbers listed next to each other on the keno ticket.
- Draw – the numbers that are picked in a particular game (10, 15, 20).
- Draw Sheet – a list of all the numbers that were drawn in the last keno game.
- Exacta Ticket – a ticket that can be used to play two separate games.
- Flashboard – the large board that flashes the winning numbers.
- Hit – successfully selected numbers.
- House Edge – a mathematically worked out percentage of how often the casino can expect to win in the long term.
- Payoff – the amount of money that a player wins if their numbers are hit.
- Progressive Jackpot – a large amount of money awarded to a player who bets on the maximum amount of numbers and all of their numbers are hit.
- Random number generator – a software program that is designed to randomly select winning numbers.
- Split Ticket – a split ticket has more than one single set of numbers that are selected and are played separately.
- Ticket – the piece of paper or card that contains the player’s selected numbers in the game of keno.
- Wager – The amount of money that the player bets on the numbers they select in a single game.
- Way Ticket – a keno ticket with multiple bets.
What are the best 5 numbers to play in Keno?
- There are no numbers that are guaranteed to win, it’s just luck. But if you’ll be persistent and confident, be sure that your tries will eventually be rewarded. Remember to rely on your intuition, strategy and perhaps style. Although fate is the one who decides on your success, don’t be afraid to try out new ways that might draw some fortune your way. Watching the professionals can also help and inspire.
How do you play keno and win?
- You should check out our Keno Strategies guide, but in a few words, you should believe and trust yourself. Keno is the game where there is not much depending on you, but isn’t it like that in life in general? Hope you’ve got the main idea now.
What does the word Keno mean?
- The word having roots in French (Fr. quine “five winning numbers”), the game itself originated in China. China introduced the game to America and later on in Texas, the game appeared under its current name. The history of its metamorphosis is quite extensive, but guess it only proves how widespread and elastic it is. From culture to culture it didn’t miss a chance to fascinate and find a place to stay.
How do you win at Keno every time?
- You don’t, or you’re incredibly lucky. However, if you do play a lot, you may get a huge win in the end. Anyways, the best way to check something is to try. What if you could be the first to crack the code of Keno? Good luck!